Friday, October 25, 2013

Georgia in the Fall

Today is Friday... and super cold for this time of year. I woke up to 45 degrees, which is unheard of in Georgia for fall. Luckily, I live in a mobile home with such good insulation I don't have to worry about ANY air escaping. Unfortunately, this includes cold air. I told my parents last night that I know it is fall when I dread leaving the room that the heater is running in.

With this new development in weather, I also have to accommodate my wardrobe to such. In other words, layer! Mornings and evenings are quite chilly, while the afternoon is too warm for a hoodie, but not warm enough for anything that involves showing skin.

Perfect Plaid

This is a perfect example of Georgia in the fall. Jeans, a button up or long sleeve shirt, and a thick knit cardigan. Bonus points for the hat, but it isn't really necessary during the day.

Yesterday I have discovered that some of my readers are not from the USA, and for that I am elated! Those of you who have not been to Georgia, I would like to show you what a typical Georgia fall looks like:


The colors are not a beautiful as the rest of the country, especially to the far north. Another thing that is typical with a Georgia fall is rain. Lots and lots of rain. Summers are normally dry, but this year has been the wettest summer we have had in ages. So far, it hasn't rained like normal, but we aren't safe yet.

The best tip I can give someone who is visiting Georgia in the fall is to bring clothes for every weather condition. It could be hot one minute and cold the next. Whatever the weather is in the morning, it will be completely different by that afternoon.

I love fall, I really do. It is full of traditions and gatherings, food, and festivities. The South is known for it's hospitality. I believe that is enhanced during the fall. No matter what city's fall festival you are in, you will feel like you belong. I encourage you to come visit my beautiful state and see what Georgia has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment